zondag 16 augustus 2009

Docu finished!!!

After my arrival back in The Netherlands, I didn't take much time to rest.

I soon started editing my 7hours of moviematerial. It took me in total more than 40 hours of editing! For almost a week I was only editing, eating, drinken tea and sleeping.

I noticed that I didn't have a lot of useable material, but just enough to make a nice documentary out of it. The hardest thing, was that I didn't know how my movie should look like. I didn't have any sort of script and a lot of time went into figuring out what storyline I should take; which interview first, 2nd, etc. Slowly I got a vague idea of how to put everything together, and after 4 days I was able to get my head cleared on this subject and put the scenes in the position I wanted. In the meantime, I was mostly busy with getting to understand the translations from Peter, my Chinese buddy and translator in the first week of the journey, and writing the correct subtitles. Also cutting out the translations from my buddy and trying to make it seamless took some time.

Last Wednesday I made a first preview movie. From this I got to see the biggest mistakes. On Thursdaymorning I corrected these mistakes and made a second preview movie where I was able to see some smaller mistakes. After correcting, my movie was finaly finished!

I am incredibly happy with my result :)

Looking back, I see and realise that I could have made a much better movie if I had shot better material. This was my first documentary and I have learned a great deal from it. I already have a big list with things I can do better next time.
It was fantastic to have this opportunity to make this journey and to produce a nice documentary!
Big thanks to all the people who made this trip possible.

So, you can find my movie at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgcAmYsjsqo

1 opmerking:

Wing Heng Chiu zei

San, ik heb je documentary op youtube gezien, en ik vind dat het er goed uitziet!

Een reactie posten